Ananda Mohan College is one of the distinctive institutions in Bangladesh. The college was established in 1908 during the time of British-India. The college is named after Ananda Mohan Bose, who was a man of great reputation. Not only a Barrister, he was also a politician and a social reformer.
Maulavi Hamid Uddin Ahmed who was the first Muslim graduate in Mymensingh district and a classmate of Ananda Mohan Bose donated the most part of land for college and proposed to name the college after his friend, Ananda Mohan Bose.
Since 1908 the college has achieved the dignity of a first grade college in the country till date. As the intellectuals, scholars and learned teachers enlighted the institution, Read more
Vice Principal's Speech
Welcome to Ananda Mohan College, Mymensingh. Topographically the college is located at the heart of Mymensingh city, not too far from old Brahmaputra river. It was established in 1908. The College has been imparting quality education with repute from Higher Secondary to Masters’ level since its inception. We are happy to inform our friends and well wishers at home and abroad that Ananda Mohan College is globally connected through website. The website has ushered a new era in the history of Ananda Mohan College. It paved the way for the modernization of the college. Unlike the earlier forms of instructional technology, the website is likely to play a significant role in promoting higher education. In a world growing smaller every day, the technological reformations are essential both for the spread of education and to foster a spirit of friendship and cooperation. Read more
At a Glance
Ananda Mohan College, Mymensingh is one of the renowned college in Bangladesh. It was established 1901. Ananda Mohan Bose established this Institution
in 1883 in his own family residence at Ram Babu Road. This institution was later renamed City Collegiate School. On 18 July 1901, it introduced a college
branch as an affiliate of the Calcutta City College established by the Brahmo Samaj. The college section was closed in 1906 after the death of Ananda Mohan
Basu. Two years later, Mr. Blackwood, the district magistrate of Mymensingh took an initiative to reopen the college. In the process, the college was renamed
Ananda Mohan College. Professor Baikuntha Kishor Chakravarty was appointed its first principal. The college was affiliated with Calcutta University till 1947.